Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar energy systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Project Manager to join our team in Oakland, CA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and for generating change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking highly articulate, motivated, well organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
About the Position:
The primary function of this position is to manage owner and project expectations and controls, report internally and externally to appropriate stakeholders and manage project team and oversees project progress through all phases of the project. The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, well-organized, and cooperative producer that is able to exceed their project goals with integrity. Our team is comprised of a diverse, talented, and hard-working group of individuals committed to growing this industry and to making a positive impact on the environment.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist Sales Team in estimating and selling Solar PV systems
- Value Engineer various solutions for a specific site to accomplish best possible ROI for client
- Set and obtain installation goals for solar PV projects ranging from $500,000 to $5,000,000
- Maintain complicated schedules, develop project timelines, and manage people and materials to complete jobs on schedule and within budget guidelines.
- Alternately work on site or in home office
- Manage diverse details from construction means and methods to contract language and legal protection (ex: bolt size and type to indemnification and payment terms)
- Independently manage performance and productivity of installation subcontractors
- Coordinate the construction of multiple projects simultaneously
- Attend and run weekly project management and design meetings
- Negotiate EPC and subcontractor contracts
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of construction and project management experience
- The ability to create and manage a schedule and budget to required margins
- Experience making day to day decisions at construction site
- Experience working with joint venture agreements
- Experience managing vendor and client payment terms to achieve positive cash flow
- Understanding of financial models and management of budgeting cash flow
- Advanced understanding of subcontractor hiring process with the ability to manage company protocols and ensure the only the best and most ethical subcontractors are used at all times.
- Contract negotiation / mediation
- Experience with design / build contracts from ground up that result in profitable construction projects.
- Experience serving fortune 100 clients
- Experience with public works and/or DSA strongly preferred
- Previous PV experience preferred
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitve base salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Self-managed flexible work schedules and time off policies
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting