Airport Solar Projects Produce Long-Term Financial Returns
Maintaining airport viability requires shrewd decisions such as implementing renewable energy solutions that have long-lasting financial benefits. Partnering with an innovative leader in cost-effective turnkey solar solutions can be a low-risk, high-value move.
Adding a large array of solar PV panels to generate electricity for use on-site can greatly reduce an airport’s utility expenses. And if an airfield is no longer operational, it may be an ideal space to install a solar project and use the electricity produced as an additional revenue stream.
Custom-Designed Airport Solar Arrays
By adding solar installations, airports can generate enough power that would meet a significant portion of their electricity demand. Commercial solar panel arrays can be installed in a variety of airport locations:
- Shade-structures over parking lots
- Mounted on the roofs of parking garages or terminals
- Ground-mounted on large, open areas
Establishing commercial airport solar panel installations on vacant airport land, unused rooftops, and over parking areas can provide key environmental benefits:
- Offset carbon dioxide emissions.
- Help meet grant requirements for the Federal Aviation Administration’s Voluntary Airport Low Emissions (VALE) Program and/or Section 512 Program funding.
- Can help meet LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification goals.
Flexible Financing Options for Airport Solar Projects
Several financing alternatives can fund solar energy projects, and at Borrego Solar we offer custom solutions for the full lifecycle of the project.
We understand the pros and cons of different financing instruments and will help you select the one that best matches your capital and return needs such as:
- Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- Solar Operating Leases & Capital Leases
- Solar Incentives
- Cash-Based Direct Buy
- Solar Bonds
Why Choose Borrego Solar for Your Airport Solar Project?
“This solar project—the first at the airport—will be a noteworthy and visible highlight of our ongoing commitment to sustainability. By partnering with Borrego Solar, we will boost our sustainability efforts with clean energy generation, providing environmental benefits to the region and financial savings to the Airport Authority. And we’re happy to be working with a company that is a local San Diego success story, employing local workers in construction of this project.”Thella F. Bowens, President and CEO San Diego County Regional Airport Authority—owner and operator of SDIA
Custom Solar Solutions for You
As the EPC developer, Borrego Solar works closely with your senior management to tailor the project to your electrical, financial, and other long-term goals.
Expertise in Every Phase of the Project Lifecycle
As a leading designer, developer, installer, financier, and operator of grid-tied solar PV systems, Borrego Solar knows every step of the process. We’re able to provide the best solar solutions for you and your organization thanks to our:
- Expert in-house engineers,
- Outstanding construction achievements,
- Top-notch operations and maintenance teams, and
- Strong relationships with financial institutions and investors of solar technology