Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks an Accounting Manager to join our team in San Diego, CA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the position: This position will report to our Senior VP of Finance and will be part of our Accounting and Finance team. Together with our Senior VP of Finance, this position will advance the goals of providing excellent accounting support to the Company and its shareholders. The primary responsibility of this position will be to design, implement, improve and maintain standards, processes and systems governing the production of monthly financial reports and maintenance of accounting records, while ensuring that the results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Perform all activities necessary to issue timely and accurate financial statements and monthly executive reports.
• Maintain the general ledger system and the associated account reconciliations.
• Coordinate the preparation of the audited financial statement at year end along with reviewed quarterly financial reports.
• Coordinate and assist with external auditors for the quarterly and year end financial statements.
• Provide leadership and support to other members of the accounting department.
• Be familiar with corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns, taking advantage of all favorable tax codes.
• Be an integral part of the budgeting process including creation, reforecasting, and analysis.
• Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the Company’s value.
• Maintain designated accounting staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintain accounting staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; and by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Such other duties as assigned by Senior VP of Finance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and active CPA license, advanced preparation towards CPA exam sitting, or 5 to 7 years equivalent experience as Senior Accountant.
• A record of achieving improvements using lean techniques.
• A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach to business problems.
• A demonstrated ability to develop employees’ careers through challenge and coaching.
• Proven experience in direct (hire and fire) supervisory experience for 1+ years.
• Must be computer savvy and have excellent Excel skills with advance pivot table experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Percentage of completion accounting experience a plus
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a casual community based workplace that is upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
•Competitive base salary
•Potential for bonuses
•Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
•Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
•401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
•Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering joining our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)