Associate Project Developer
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar energy systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks an Associate Project Developer to join our California team.
Location: Candidates for this position will preferably be located near one of Borrego’s offices in San Diego, CA or Oakland, CA, or be willing to relocate.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: The Associate Project Developer will be counted on to help the California development team scale and meet/exceed an annual booking goal. This key contributor will be vital to Borrego’s go-to-market strategy in the region. Successful candidates will bring an enthusiasm for renewable development, strong writing & organizational skills, and a hunger for success.
Position responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Research and identify leads through targeted campaign efforts.
• Call leads identified through campaigns, inquiries, and proposal requests.
• Populate Salesforce (SF) leads and opportunities, prospect identified targets, and schedule meetings for PDs.
• Create site desktop due diligence package for Project Developer (PD) review/use.
• APD’s responsibilities for this task group will be divided as equally as possible across the active PDs, but on a first come, first served basis or as prioritized by market director.
2)Project Due Diligence/Entitlement Management:
• PD identifies project-specific tasks needed to complete project entitlement.
• APD tracks civil/engineering progress on tasks and reports back to PD and keeps parties aware of deadlines.
•APD would not manage civil/engineering to do a task, but would keep PD updated progress made toward completing, or lack of, in order for the PD to manage it.
• APD submits SF requests for various development deliverables
• Request quotes and release initial site discovery items (title, wetlands, LIDAR, etc.)
• Update budgets and create Construction Requisitions in SF.
• Monitor and manage completion of site discovery items prepared by subcontractors.
• Follow up with AHJ administrators for timely delivery of decision documents.
• Populate and sending initial LOIs and leases.
• Review RFPs and complete RFP questionnaire to allow PD to more quickly assess bid viability.
• Record required documents at local and county record offices according to project schedule needs.
• Get documents notarized.
• Assist in coordinating execution of any needed contract amendments.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Minimum college education: Bachelor’s Degree.
• 2 to 5 years’ experience in a quota-based sales role.
• Solar sales or development experience preferred.
• Experience in proposal writing and/or responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
• IT skills – proficient in Microsoft office, salesforce experience a plus.
• Compensation and financial modeling for NY projects.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
• Competitive base salary
• Potential for bonuses
• Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
• Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)