Business Partner, People & Culture
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Business Partner, People and Culture to join our team in San Diego, CA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
Location: Candidates for this position will preferably be located near one of Borrego’s offices in San Diego, CA or Oakland, CA or be willing to relocate.
About the position: This is a perfect opportunity for an individual who is passionate about contributing to an employee-oriented values-driven culture to help Borrego achieve its mission. This position is responsible for aligning business objectives with People + Culture initiatives. They will serve as a consultant to management on people and culture related topics and act as an employee champion and change agent. This position will report to our Vice President of People & Culture.
Be a part of our Mission: Borrego Solar’s mission is to solve the world’s energy problems by accelerating the adoption of renewable energy. Our People + Culture team is on a mission to create a progressive employee experience that perpetuates Borrego’s culture as it scales. We are inspired by possibilities and are equally jazzed to execute a planful approach to make those possibilities a reality. Teamwork, integrity, a passion for people + culture, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our team’s success.
Position responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Act as a strategic partner and trusted advisor, coaching Business Leaders on workforce planning, org design, leadership effectiveness, and performance management.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to attract and retain top talent from both inside and outside the company.
- Define and support a best-in-class onboarding and immersion experience for new or newly promoted or transferred employees.
- Partner with Talent Management to identify training needs and ensure compliance with mandatory training.
- In line with Borrego’s mission and strategic priorities, recommend and implement strategies to drive employee engagement.
- Support the company’s professional development focus by leading talent reviews to identify top talent and succession planning strategies.
- Lead employee relations resolutions, minimizing risk to the organization by actively responding to and addressing employee concerns in a timely, efficient manner.
- Conduct complete investigations and make recommendations based on findings/facts, partnering with the VP of P+C and legal counsel.
- Lead and manage change with People Managers to influence organizational culture. Implement change programs as business needs dictate.
- Support the execution of our compensation practices as requested.
- Collaborate with People Operations to drive participation in annual benefits enrollment and other health and wellbeing programs / activities sponsored by the Company.
- Conduct offboarding and employee exit process.
- Partner with P+C colleagues to nurture a culture of collaboration, accountability and transparency among the P+C team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- 3-6 years of previous HR experience.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification a plus.
- Proven HR Business Partner skills including consultation with Leadership; performance management; employee relations & compliance.
- Sound business judgement with strong planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills; you enjoy driving measurable results from start to finish with a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Track record of project/change-management of driving positive employee behavior change in support of intended business outcomes.
- Proven ability to study, analyze and understand business problems using data to generate solutions; you are motivated by the challenge of discovering the root cause of issues and collaborating with others to design simple and elegant solutions.
- Detail orientation with a highly organized approach and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities with grace and to ask for support and resources as needed.
- Strong professional maturity, emotional intelligence, curiosity, willingness to learn, and a sense of humor. You are comfortable working with a sense of urgency as well as through ambiguity, with little direction to achieve goals and objectives.
- Clear and authentic communication skills, whether in writing or verbally and can easily build trust with others, regardless of their role or title.
- Technology savvy; are comfortable using a variety of systems and applications such as Google suite of products, Salesforce, Marco Polo, Asana, Slack, etc.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a casual community-based workplace that is upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Potential for bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
- Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)