Civil Engineering Coordinator
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Civil Engineering Coordinator to join our team in the Lowell, MA office.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and for generating change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking highly articulate, motivated, well organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
About the position: The primary purpose of this position is to assist engineers with administrative, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage and maintain external consultant scopes, contracts and data
• Assists in the tracking and coordination of project development and related documentation
• Support the set-up and coordination of project meetings
• Attend all project meetings to record and assign action items formally
• Generally works on clearly defined assignments with simple solutions
• Complete projects with direction, supervision and detailed instruction from Senior Engineers
• Mailing and Scanning
• Deliveries (in case of emergency)
• Printing/copying/collating reports and plans
• Uploading reports/plans to necessary databases
• Uploading PO’s and handling consultants
• Complete Site Plan applications and forms associated with Project Entitlement
• Create Abutters Lists
• Create Spending Requisitions
• Perform maintenance and improvements to our Smartsheet Schedule management System
• 1 – 3 years of experience supporting an Engineering team
• Ability to support several engineers, providing the wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist.
• Proficient with CRM (i.e. Salesforce).
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Experience with Smartsheet and or MS Project preferred.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
• Competitive base salary
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)