Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks an Interconnection Coordinator to join our team in Lowell, MA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: Reporting to the Director of Grid Integration, this individual will play an integral role in the performance of our East Coast interconnection portfolio. The ideal candidate will have very strong organizational and management skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate interconnection related efforts between Sales, Engineering, Project Finance, Accounting and Operations. Beyond administrative skills, this individual will possess a technical skillset that enables accurate interpretation of utility feedback and an understanding of the implications on development, engineering and construction efforts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Daily portfolio management of approximately 200 active interconnection applications across multiple utilities and services territories
• Coordination of interconnection activities: Direct utility RFI’s to appropriate internal parties (Sales, Engineering, and Operations) and manage internal response to performance and lead time targets
• Management of utility performance to tariff-related timeline commitments on a project-by-project basis
• Leadership of biweekly utility status meetings
• Facilitation of interconnection application submittals with internal Engineering and Sales teams
• Coordination of construction requisitions, signatures, approvals and payments for applications, impact studies, and interconnection agreements
• Development and maintenance of a consistent record as each project navigates the interconnection process, from initial application to final authorization to operate.
• Being the primary point of contact for all utility communications
• 2-4+ years of relevant experience with preference given to those with energy or construction experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Strong management, reporting and technical skills, preferably in Salesforce
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
• Competitive base salary
• Potential for bonuses
• Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
• Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)