Interconnection Project Manager I
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks an Interconnection Project Manager I to join our team in Lowell, MA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: Reporting to the Director of Grid Integration, this highly motivated individual will play an integral role in the performance of our North-East and Mid-West interconnection portfolio. The ideal candidate will have very strong organizational and management skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate and lead interconnection related efforts between Sales, Engineering, Project Finance, Accounting and Operations. Beyond administrative skills, this individual must possess strong technical skillset that enables accurate interpretation of utility feedback and an understanding of the implications on development, engineering and construction efforts. In addition this individual will need to possess strong project management and organizational ability.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● For a regional portfolio, Proactively Manage the Utility Interconnection Process to Expectations Set by Utility Design and Construction Schedules while Communicating Project Status and Critical Path Risks Back to Internal Stakeholders.
● Actively monitor Utility Performance to Identify Timeline Risks or Lack of Good Utility Practice and Escalate Issues Autonomously.
● Experience using Smartsheet or Other Project Management Software Tools (Including Schedule Development and Portfolio Performance Reporting).
● Fundamental Understanding of both Internal and External Interconnection Projects Milestones and their Implications to the Overall Project Schedule.
● Daily high level portfolio management of all active projects across NE Markets with accountability to portfolio performance.
● Strong understanding of both State and Utility Interconnection policies and experience with State Policy working groups is desired.
● Strong ownership and accountability in Interconnection Team strategic initiatives.
● Development and maintenance of consistent records as each project navigates the interconnection process, from initial application to final authorization to operate.
● 5 years of relevant work experience with preference given to those with energy or construction experience.
● Bachelor’s degree Required.
● Strong project management and strong competency with PM software tools (ex; Microsoft Project or Smart Sheet), reporting and technical skills.
● Familiarity with Salesforce CRM.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a casual community based workplace that is upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
• Competitive base salary
• Potential for bonuses
• Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
• Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We can’t wait to hear from you!
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)