Training Specialist, O&M
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks an O&M Training Specialist to join our team in Lowell, MA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the position:The Training Specialist’s primary objective is enhancing employees’ skills, performance, productivity and quality of work through classroom and in field training. The Training Specialist is the business manager for Borrego’s O&M Training Program / Center who works closely with the Vice President of O&M, Director of Operations O&M, Regional Managers, Area Supervisors, Safety Director and P&C Business Partner to identify business needs.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Demonstrate integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Identify and assess current and future training needs through job analysis, career paths, and consultation with line managers. Initial areas of focus include curriculum development and training in:
- Safety policies and procedures
- Borrego O&M standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Best Practices
- Solar/Energy Storage/Electrical technical training
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods to ensure training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them.
- Manage the technologies and technical personnel required to develop, manage and deliver training.
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary to deliver training solutions that meet business needs.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Ensuring strategic alignment of the training initiatives with business goals.
- Evaluating and report on individual and organizational training focused performance.
- Select and manage resources, including working with internal employees, Human Resources and training vendors to ensure training is meeting business needs and improving performance.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be determined by the Director of Operations O&M.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience, Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a training specialist and experience with training in the trades.
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs.
- Strong knowledge in adult learning methodologies.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, (on-the-job, in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, and simulations).
- Solar, Renewable Energy, Energy Storage, and/or Electrical experience.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals.
- Strong ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- Strong facilitation skills live, in-person and virtually.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Salesforce systems.
- Proven experience understanding and implementing OSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of human resource management principles and procedures.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a casual community based workplace that is upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Potential for bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
- Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)