Operations Center Manager, O&M
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks an O&M Operation Center Manager to join our team in Lowell, MA.
The O&M Operation Center Manager will work closely with the Director of O&M to build out and maintain operational processes for a rapidly growing fleet of solar power plants. Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and for generating change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking highly articulate, motivated, well organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
About the position: The primary functions of this position are the following:
- Monitor multiple Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) platforms, create and manage case system to track any issues observed, and dispatch solar electricians to site to resolve issues.
- Ensure O&M information in our Salesforce database is up to date and accurate. Act as care taker for all contractual and operational information.
- Coordinate with the Director of O&M, Regional Managers, and Accounting team on scheduling and execution of commissioning, repair, and maintenance activities.
- Act as information liaison to our regional managers and solar electricians. Take information on cases and service visits over the phone, text, and e-mail and input it into our case management system.
- Create and manage working schedules for direct reports which ensures that the Remote Operations Center is staffed 7 days a week.
- Lead the continued improvement of processes and procedures within the Remote Operation Center.
- Ensure that the Remote Operation Center remains compliant with local, state, & federal regulations.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and run monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for customers.
- Run and implement various departmental reports to track O&M productivity and profitability.
- Assist in scheduling and processing documentation for routine maintenance visits by subcontractors.
- Assist in scheduling and processing Borrego Solar Systems internal commissioning activities.
- Assist in creation and oversight of the organizational standards for a rapidly growing service organization.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but may consider Associates degree with relative experience.
- Minimum of 2 years in an administration role; preferably construction administration.
- Experience/Education in solar power strongly preferred, but not required.
- A passion for renewable energy.
- Strong typing and data entry skills.
- Basic understanding of customer resource management (CRM) systems such as Salesforce.com.
- Basic understanding of service organizations.
- Advanced customer experience skills. Ability to make the customer comfortable and included in the process of maintaining and servicing their solar power plant.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Teamwork – ability to work with a team of O&M professionals to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Analytical – Must be able to analyze problem scenarios and make quick, intelligent decisions.
- Organized – Experience managing schedules for multiple personnel.
- Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and OneNote
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Potential for bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
- Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)