Operations Center Operators, O&M
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks Operations Center Operators to join our Lowell, MA team.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: Reporting to the Operations Center Supervisor, the Operations Center Operator follows operational processes, monitors data acquisition system (DAS) platforms, identifies issues, and dispatches field personnel. Role can be an entry level opportunity for someone interested in learning about the solar industry.
- Permanent schedule will be (4) ten hour shifts with (1) weekend day.
- Temporary schedule during training will be (5) eight hour shifts Monday – Friday.
Safety is a core value in Borrego Solar and the Operations Center Operator must:
- Read, understand and sign all safety procedures.
- Attend weekly safety meetings.
- Complete all required safety training.
- Ensure every safety incident is reported timely and accurately.
- Ensure every safety incident is fully investigated, documented and corrective actions are implemented.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Demonstrate integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Coordinate with Regional Managers on communications with customers regarding site responses and issues.
- Monitor all DAS platforms in order to identify any site issues.
- Open cases in Borrego’s CMMS system for all identified site issues.
- Develop daily schedules for field personnel.
- Assign Services Visits to field personnel, according to priority to ensure the highest level of site performance.
- Identify potential issues in site performance, and escalate to SPG for investigation.
- Perform quality control on case and service visit documentation.
- Interface with customer operation control centers and asset managers in connection with site responses.
- Provide information and support to dispatched field personnel to ensure successful site response.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be determined by the Operations Center Supervisor.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; College degree preferred
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and writing
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Salesforce systems
- Knowledge and understanding of solar plant construction and comprehension of how onsite equipment interacts with the overall plant.
- Required to work in office conditions.
- Work in a fast changing environment which may require quick decisions with limited processes and procedures.
- Ability to walk distances up to 2 miles in a day.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Required to have visual acuity which includes depth perception.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
•Potential for bonuses
•Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
•Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
•401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
•Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)