Project Manager I, Development Engineering
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Project Manager I, Development Engineering to join our team in the Lowell, MA office.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and for generating change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking highly articulate, motivated, well organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
About the position: The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Development Engineering team with scheduling, task tracking, administrative tasks, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and manage all updates to project development schedules, working closely with senior engineers to ensure accuracy in forecasting project milestone dates.
- Help identify critical path items and potential delays in schedules; efficiently communicate them to project team.
- Track the Development Engineering teams lead time performance metrics and assist with generating project status reports and metrics.
- Attend all project status meetings and effectively communicate needs to the team.
- Audit and coordinate all required documentation throughout the development process, working as a liaison between Engineering and Project Finance to ensure on time delivery and accuracy of documentation.
- Complete and oversee logistics of all necessary administrative tasks associated with project entitlement to ensure schedule progression (e.g., completing town applications, requesting various items from towns, sending out mailings).
- Create spending requisitions and manage on time delivery of necessary fees.
- Perform maintenance and improvements to our Smartsheet Schedule management System.
- Manage and maintain external consultant scopes, contracts and data.
- Deliver in urgent situations documents to town offices; periodically visit applicable Registry of Deeds offices to record permitting documents.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1 – 3 years of experience of project coordination and providing team support
- Ability to support several engineers, providing the wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist.
- Proficient with CRM (i.e., Salesforce).
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Experience managing project schedules with Smartsheet and or MS Project preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to drive and means of transportation for occasional visits to town and county offices
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
Competitive base salary
• Potential for bonuses
• Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
• Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering joining our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)