Project Manager, Information Technology (IT)
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors,seeks a Project Manager, Information Technology (IT) to join our team in Oakland, CA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well-organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: The IT/Technical Project Manager will have a minimum of 5 years of project management experience in IT project implementations. The Project Manager will organize and lead teams of colleagues and/or external resources to deliver high-quality, on-time technological solutions envisioned in the company’s IT roadmap.
Position duties include but are not limited to:
• Create and maintain a plan using Project Management tools and report weekly progress based on the plan.
• Prepare roadmaps, and break the work down into actionable work streams.
• Lead project meetings, track actionable follow ups, ensure all parties complete action items, and maintain the overall schedule .
• Lead multiple IT/Technical projects of varying size and complexity.
• Manage business requirements and scope on a technical level, and coordinate between cross-functional teams to ensure adherence to business requirements and architectural direction.
• Interact extensively and facilitate discussions with business leaders to define the scope of work.
• Be a change agent and lead change management efforts.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of hands-on IT/Technical project management or program management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to help teams define clear deliverables and meet them.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to facilitate dynamic meetings and discussions.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and teams.
• Advanced problem-solving skills and effective delegation of tasks.
• Close attention to detail but with the ability to see and understand the bigger picture and provide context to others.
• An uncompromising commitment to excellence, especially regarding the end-user experience.
• Experience in leading large, high-profile and complex projects in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
• Experience handling conflicts and negotiating successful outcomes.
• Prefer experience implementing enterprise business applications.
• Prefer certifications in Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), and/or Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
• Competitive base salary
• Potential for bonuses
• Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
• Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering joining our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)