Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Recruiter to join our team in Lowell, Massachusetts.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: This a great opportunity for an individual who is an energetic multi-tasker with a passion for recruiting. He/she will have a track record of success in a metrics driven fast-paced environment with a passion for leveraging relationships and a high focus on identifying quality talent. This position reports to the Talent Acquisition Manager.
The Recruiter will be responsible for day-to-day talent sourcing engagement functions, serving as a resource to both employees and management. Acting as a staffing subject matter expert, the Recruiter position contributes to the Company’s success by developing and implementing strategic sourcing plans to identify high-quality, diverse candidates for positions across multiple functional groups and businesses throughout Borrego Solar.
Position responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
● Manage and participate in all aspects of recruitment (sourcing, interviewing, career fairs, job fairs, community outreach, diversity initiatives, etc.).
● Align with hiring managers on job requirements and help filter applicants.
● Educate and excite candidates on both the position and our organization.
● Conduct detailed, thorough candidate interviews and present qualified candidates to hiring manager for further consideration.
● Expected to build and maintain strong relationships with candidates with the objective of creating viable pipelines of talent for current and future openings.
● Source candidates through a variety of search methods (social media, internal database, internet networking/deep web searches, user groups, cold calling/networking, and the use of Boolean searches, referrals, etc.).
● Provide information and guidance to assist the hiring manager in making a hiring decision.
● Negotiate with candidate and manager to ensure a well-positioned offer and effective counter offers.
● Assist with onboarding and new hire processes to ensure a smooth transition from candidate to culturally immersed and productive employee.
● Support and participate in People & Culture programs and initiatives that help drive positive outcomes for the employees and Borrego.
Desired Skills and Experience:
● 5 or more years of corporate recruiting experience supporting Engineering teams; 8 years of recruiting experience overall
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Experience hiring candidates for exempt and non-exempt roles.
● Ability to develop and implement effective recruiting strategies.
● Strong candidate assessment skills.
● Competent interviewer who has practice in various interview techniques.
● Ability to screen candidates based on position requirements.
● Ability to learn and understand complex products and processes.
● Technology savvy and resourceful; has experience using manual or offline recruiting processes and can support the transition to a fully optimized ATS
● Strong partnership and effective communication skills (both oral and written).
● Strong organizational and prioritizing skills with ability to meet deadlines.
● Strong orientation to continuous improvement, process, and customer service.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
● Competitive base salary
● Potential for bonuses
● Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
● Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
● 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
● Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)