Senior Construction Project Manager
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Senior Construction Project Manager to join our team in Lowell, MA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: the Senior PM typically has extensive electrical, structural and civil construction experience along with broad project management experience. The Senior PM takes on the most complex projects or groups of projects while managing overall construction activities, vendors, subcontractors, and client relationships to achieve profitable projects. With advanced problem solving skills and delegation of tasks Senior PMs also oversee and mentor the project management team to help us strategically meet our goals.
Position responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Plan, budget, manage and complete turn-key PV projects of greater complexity and challenge; project portfolios, or strategic opportunities.
• Review contract documents and proposals to identify project requirements. Develop a project plan to meet requirements within the Borrego Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Coordinate design and permitting activities with engineering team and local authorities.
• Determine appropriate schedule for material buyouts and coordinate purchases and logistics with Borrego Procurement team.
• Lead subcontractor buyout process through development of scopes, bidding process and subcontractor awards and contract activities.
• Coordinate all construction activities with field personnel and subcontractors.
• At project close out, ensure all deliverables have been met, documentation has been archived and review lessons learned.
• Provide clear and accurate communications to the customer, Borrego management and other key stakeholders during the project cycle.
• Create and support diverse teams of individuals to accomplish required outcomes.
• Provide leadership for a strong safety performance throughout the project.
• Work with field personnel to ensure the quality of delivered systems and conformance to Borrego standards.
• Deliver projects within the established budget. Support value engineering to reduce costs in labor, materials and equipment.
• Deliver projects within the established schedule. Lead efforts to reduce project duration and increase velocity without sacrificing other outcomes.
• Actively participate in reviews of actual versus estimated costs to provide feedback and meet cost reduction goals.
• Ensure that the scope requirements are met without unnecessary waste.
• Delegate portions of assigned projects and manage support team.
• Mentor and guide other project managers in day-to-day interactions and more structured settings.
• Provide feedback, support and guidance to project managers.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with project managers, assistant project managers and other team members to review general work progress, accomplishments and areas for improvement.
• Provide guidance on potential project risks and risk strategies.
• Review SOP compliance to support project controls and company requirements.
• Support and lead improvements in support of the Regional Operations Director.
• Manage value engineering and project velocity improvements.
• Lead initiatives to meet department and company goals.
• Support Project Development in pre-contract efforts including review and collaboration on estimates, schedules, and contracts.
• Participate in RFP / short list interviews and present project execution plans.
• 8+ years electrical construction and project management experience; Solar experience preferred
• The ability to create and manage a schedule and budget to required margins
• Experience making day to day decisions required to manage construction projects
• Experience working with Off Takers and Hosts on PPA projects
• High level experience managing vendor and client payment terms
• Advanced understanding of competitive subcontractor buyout process
• Contract negotiation / mediation
• Experience with design / build contracts from ground up that result in profitable construction projects.
• Experience serving fortune 100 clients
• Experience managing more complex multi-site portfolios
• Experience managing larger teams & mentoring other junior team members
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
• Competitive base salary
• Potential for bonuses
• Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
• Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)