Senior Development Engineer
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Senior Development Engineer to join our team in Lowell, MA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the position: This senior level Development Engineer is central to the engineering project work at Borrego. In this role, the individual will manage all technical aspects of the project from feasibility documents through construction drawings and construction administration.
This individual will work together with the construction PM, finance, the client, as well as other stakeholders. We are looking for someone with leadership skills that can provide different perspectives on issues and support the needs of a successful project. This individual would also be supported by the internal engineering staff, including design drafters and other civil, structural, and electrical engineers.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Lead Design Engineer on one or more commercial or utility scale solar projects
- Act as the “Job Captain” on each project, leading the coordination of Civil, Structural, Electrical professional engineers to achieve project scheduling milestones and meet/exceed client expectations
- Design projects according to Borrego Design Standards and understand/improve the functionality of company design tools
- Creation and coordination of detailed, high quality construction documents
- Complete the review process for each job through Permit and Construction Drawings, including management and release of plan sets
- Review the plans for jobs with approved products and work with manufacturers to vet and design non-approved products appropriately
- Manage outside sub-contractor resources
- Construction administration, as needed, as questions arise on site
- Work with and advise the PMs regarding design considerations
- Work in a mentorship role with less experienced team members
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5 years of experience as an Electrical Design Engineer, or similar position, working with and leading engineering projects
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC with an emphasis on Art. 690
- Proficient in AutoCad, Excel, MS Office, MS Project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- NABCEP Certification a plus
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
•Competitive base salary
•Potential for bonuses
•Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
•Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
•401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
•Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)