Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Site Superintendents I/II to join our team in Albany, NY.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the position: The primary responsibility of this position is to help lead a team, manage construction of commercial grid-tied PV systems. The Site Superintendents will be a well-organized, experienced Construction professional.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Attend site walks and pre-construction planning meetings with the PM and engineering team as required.
- Work with the PM to create the construction schedule, determine labor requirements and perform project pre-planning.
- Manage and maintain the construction schedule, reporting back to PM on a daily basis
- Communicate with manager on project related safety, quality, and subcontractors performance
- Set goals for all subcontractors and motivate and manage to keep on task
- Manage performance, productivity and work quality of all crews to complete projects on time
- Perform strict QA/QC inspections and keep inspection log up to date through all phases of the project.
- Manage and schedule sub-contractor(s)
- Optimize job efficiency, ensure production is not impacted or additional costs incurred.
- Independently manage performance and productivity of subcontractors
- Set and obtain installation goals
- Contribute feedback and creative problem solving methodology to other Borrego team members
- Willing to travel if needed
- Follow Site Superintendent policy for required documentation and deadlines
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction management
- Must have strong construction background with emphasis in mechanical, civil and electrical systems
- Working knowledge of the NEC Code and AC and DC electrical systems
- Valid state Journeyman Electricians License highly preferred
- Disciplined, self-motivated work style
- Experience working with and scheduling subcontractors
- Confident leadership and ability to work independently
- Computer Skills with Microsoft Office, and Excel
- Desire to stay on the leading edge of the Solar industry
- Experience with electrical wiring in commercial applications
- Experience with mechanical installations, general construction and ladder work
- Working knowledge of Universal Building Codes
- General understanding of common building materials and techniques (i.e. lumber, roofing materials, etc.).
- Good communication and customer service skills and experience
- Team player who listens, learns, and actively communicates
- Visual thinker good at problem solving and implementing ideas
- Staying active in PV technology and diagnostics.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
• Competitive base salary
• Potential for bonuses
• Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
• Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)