Staff Accountant, O&M
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Staff Accountant to join our team in the San Diego, CA office.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well-organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: The primary responsibilities of this position are supporting the operations & maintenance accounting division to ensure a timely month-end financial close, partnering with team leadership in advancement of department and organizational goals and serving as supportive resource and knowledge-base for junior staff members.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare month end accruals and adjusting journal entries.
• Prepare and maintain all service-contract billings and related amortization schedules
• Prepare month-end service contract package for Operations each month
• Complete and review general ledger account reconciliations.
• Assist with preparation of monthly executive reporting package and financial statements.
• Assist with preparation of P&L for O&M and respond to stakeholder follow-up questions.
• Research technical accounting issues and propose alternatives to management for evaluation.
• Together with the team, actively participate in developing and implementing accounting processes to address changes in the business environment.
• Assist with auditor requests during quarterly review and annual audit engagements.
• Contract review
• Support Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable team members as needed during peak volume periods.
• Serve as mentor to and resource for junior team members.
• Additional administrative duties as assigned within the department.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• BA or BS degree in Business or Finance, preferably Accounting.
• 2 or more years of progressive accounting experience.
• Intermediate Excel Skills.
• Excellent organizational, research and communication skills.
• Ability to work well with a team or as an individual, with minimum supervision.
• A self-starter who possesses an attention to detail and a solution-orientation.
• A mindset of continuous improvement.
• Relatable work experience in Construction; Landscaping; or Solar preferred.
• Complex contract experience preferred
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a casual community based workplace that is upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
•Competitive base salary
•Potential for bonuses
•Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
•Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
•401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
•Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)