Compensation and Benefits Manager
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Compensation and Benefits Manager to join our team.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About this position: This is a perfect opportunity for an individual who is passionate about creating and building a holistic total rewards infrastructure to unleash the potential of our people, appreciating and motivating them in line with company guiding principles. You will drive organizational effectiveness through the successful design, implementation and management of multiple Total Rewards programs including compensation and benefit programs. This position will report to our Vice President of People & Culture.
Location: Candidates for this position will preferably be located near one of Borrego’s offices in Lowell, MA or San Diego, CA or Oakland, CA or be willing to relocate.
Position responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Designs, manages, implements and analyzes overall compensation and incentive programs
- Manages and oversee the administration of the annual compensation increase processes/plans
- Evaluates alternative compensation approaches to drive better results and have more meaningful impact
- Manages, validates and maintains a compensation philosophy and structure that is market competitive
- Builds and provides a consultative and collaborative relationship with HR Business Partners, Recruiters and Business Leaders on understanding and delivering compensation programs and processes
- Designs and implements effective job analysis’ (leveling), conducts internal analysis on the effectiveness and fairness of existing practices and educates both HR Business Partners and Business Leaders on the program
- Ensures all compensation programs are compliant with regulations and laws, consults with legal staff as needed.
- Acts as compensation subject matter expert
- Designs, implements and audits health and welfare benefit plans and programs looking to balance the cost vs employee implications and considers viable alternatives.
- Develops benefits communications, measuring the effectiveness of benefits plans as well as surveying the market for benefits competitiveness
- Manages brokers and carriers accordingly for competitiveness and service quality
- Conducts quarterly reviews and/or annual audits of all compensation and benefit plans and programs to ensure appropriate compliance and budget targets
- Key point of contact for employee benefits questions; provide benefits information and answer questions in a timely manner; daily administration of employee benefits plans; coordinates enrollment meetings and assist in onboarding and offboarding as it relates to benefits
- Manages the open enrollment process, wellness programs, etc and coordinates benefits activities
- Manages the preparation of information for ensuring compliance including annual 401(k) plan, 5500s, SPDs, FLSA, ADA, ERISA, ACA, FMLA, HR audits, etc
- Manages company leave of absence programs including Family and Medical Leave, Short Term Disability, personal LOA, and any applicable state LOAs
- Consults legal staff to ensure compliance with regulations and laws
- Acts as benefits subject matter expert
HRIS Management & Data Analytics
- Manages company HRIS and ensures accuracy of data
- Streamlines processes and automates workflows to improve efficiency and quality
- Provides and interprets HR analytics including but not limited to retention, turnover, promotion trends, compensation trends, etc. Educates HR Business Partners, People Managers, and Business Leaders on trends and potential change initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 8-10 years of progressive HR experience with 5+ years of compensation and benefits administration
- HR certification such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, etc preferred
- Experience with HRIS software and data analytics
- Expert knowledge and use of Excel and/or Google docs
- Experience in a client-facing role while supporting a corporate Total Rewards program
- Self-motivated and ability to work well within a fast paced and growing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong change management and project management skills
- High attention to detail, customer service oriented, and deadline driven
- Proven ability to study, analyze and understand business problems and generate solutions; motivated by the challenge of discovering the root cause of issues and designing simple and elegant solutions
- Strong collaborative approach
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
•Potential for bonuses
•Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
•Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
•401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
•Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)