SEIA Welcomes New Members to its Board of Directors
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), the national trade association for the U.S. solar energy industry, announced today that Mortenson Construction, one of the largest construction firms in the United States, has joined SEIA’s board. Senior Vice President, Jim Yowan, will serve as a director.
Mortenson, currently rated the No.1 Solar EPC Firm in North America by Solar Power World, has built more than 150 solar and wind power projects throughout the U.S. and Canada, totaling nearly 18,000 megawatts of renewable energy.
“We are excited to welcome Mortenson Construction to SEIA and to the Board,” said Rhone Resch, president and CEO of SEIA. “Mortenson’s commitment to expanding the clean energy marketplace aligns perfectly with SEIA’s mission and vision.”
Following a vote by SEIA’s membership at-large at its board meeting in Austin, SEIA also announced that the following industry leaders have been elected to serve on SEIA’s Board of Directors: Mike Hall, CEO of Borrego Solar Systems; Yuri Horwitz, CEO of Sol Systems; Laura Stern, Co-founder and President of Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC; Andrew Savage, Chief Strategy Officer at AllEarth Renewables; and Jeff Wolfe, Senior Vice President of Business Strategy at Just Energy. Barry Cinnamon, CEO of Spice Solar, and Chris Diaz, Senior Vice President at Seminole Financial Services, were the elected alternates.
Other board announcements include:
- DG Division Chair – Tony Clifford, CEO of Standard Solar
- DG Division Vice Chair – Doug Payne, Sr. Manager of Sales & Business Development at Panasonic Eco Solutions
- SHC Division Chair – Ed Murray, CEO and President of Aztec Solar
- SHC Division Vice Chair – Adam Chrisman, Vice President of Manufacturing & Engineering at SunEarth
- SSC Division Chair – Matthew Meares, Managing Director of Sunworks NC
- SSC Division Vice Chair – Laura Jones, Partner at Hunton & Wlliams LLP
- USP Division Chair – Fred Morse, Sr. Advisor of U.S. operations for Abengoa Solar
- USP Division Vice Chair – Elliot Hinds, Partner at Crowell & Moring LLP
“Solar is now the fastest-growing source of energy in the United States, and there’s no question that the strong leadership by SEIA’s Board of Directors has been instrumental to that growth,” Resch said. “We welcome the expertise and experience of these industry leaders as we seize upon the massive potential that lies ahead for the solar industry.”
Resch went on to thank the outgoing directors – Todd Glass, Susan Brown and Arthur Haubenstock – for their leadership and service to the organization and industry, as a whole.
Today, the U.S. solar industry employs 174,000 Americans at more than 8,000 companies nationwide.